Job ID 96900
Estimated Monthly Salary 2066
Career Level Others
Interested in improving housing and health within the community? The Community Action for Healthy Homes (CAHH) program is hiring 1 part-time staff to join our Survey Fix Team in April 2023. Launched in 2021, CAHH is a Brownsville-centered initiative that provides home fixes based on safety and healthy living principles. To determine what needs fixing, the Survey-Fix Team uses a proven survey to identify fixes within the apartment that will improve tenants’ health such as stopping leaking bathtubs or replacing faulty power outlets. Once the issues are identified, the teams, with the help of local contractors, ensure that repairs are completed.
We are hiring for one Survey Fix Team Member who will receive paid training to thrive in their roles.
- Must be a current Brownsville resident
- Organized & Responsive
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Ability to review materials, take accurate notes and include all relevant information
- Proficiency in Spanish is preferred
Total work hours per week are between 10-15 hours.
Survey Fix Team Member- $20/hour
- Administering the Survey
- Participate in paid team trainings
- Check plumbing, electrical, and safety measures in homes
- Perform nontechnical repairs