Job ID 339618
Estimated Monthly Salary 1643
Career Level Others
Experience 2 Years
Reports to: Director of Economic Development, Economic Development Program Managers
Start Date: Temporary Position (Immediate Opening)
Salary: $20- $25 Part-Time (up to 20 hours a week)
Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) -An innovative and progressive community
development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and
sustain strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for an
Economic Development Program Associate to assist our Commercial Revitalization and Merchant Organizing
Program Managers in their economic development work in Crown Heights and Bedford Stuyvesant,, including
supporting the activities affiliated with the completion of a Commercial District Needs Assessment.
• Assist Economic Development team to assess neighborhood conditions and needs by gathering and
analyzing commercial district data through a rigorous commercial district needs assessment process.
• Prepare reports of research findings. Assist in writing or editing technical reports and summaries of
findings. Track and measure program metrics and impact.
• Develop and maintain CRM databases.
• Develop communication materials for local businesses, residents, and other stakeholders highlighting
events or relevant services and programs.
• Develop and coordinate implementation of preliminary recommendations for short and medium-term
commercial revitalization opportunities to address the needs identified.
• Liaise regularly with multiple City agencies including SBS, NYCHA, DOT, FDNY, NYPD, DSNY and
others to leverage resources and acquire the necessary support for projects and initiatives.
• Support outreach and community engagement activities, including business surveying, tabling and/or
other community outreach events.
• Other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: The ideal candidate will effectively demonstrate:
• Two or more years of experience with commercial revitalization, community nonprofits, communitybased planning and organizing, and/or neighborhood development issues
• Commitment to engaging diverse constituents in low- and moderate-income communities; be interested
in understanding the different perspectives and needs of diverse community stakeholders
• Strong aptitude for interpreting data and data trends
• Ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, and provide timely and
clear updates to supervisors. Must be organized, efficient manner with a high level of accuracy,
attention to detail, and follow-through.
• Ability to complete tasks and project with tight deadlines
• An ability to be flexible and willingness to wear “multiple hats” if and when needed
• Flexible schedule with the ability to work some weekends and evenings, if needed
• High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Economic Development
Program Associate” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be
contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.