Job ID 339629
Estimated Monthly Salary 3077
Career Level Manager
Experience 3 Years
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Reports to: Director of Economic Development
Start Date: Open – Immediate hire
Salary: High $50Ks to low $60Ks (depending on experience)
Summary: Bridge Street Development Corporation (BSDC) -An innovative and progressive community
development corporation located in the historic Bedford-Stuyvesant community of Brooklyn. We build and sustain
strong communities where people of all incomes can achieve their full potential. BSDC is looking for an Economic
Development Outreach Coordinator to lead our economic development work and implement a community-driven
approach to create thriving commercial areas, successful neighborhood businesses and access to economic
Organizing and Advocacy for Local businesses and residents
▪ Organize and support new and existing merchant associations.
▪ Represent BSDC and community interests at public forums and community events.
▪ Coordinate and lead community education activities, meetings, workshops, and events for local
businesses and residents.
▪ Coordinate, facilitate, support and provide technical assistance to steering committee for merchant
▪ Develop and implement programing to enhance neighborhood businesses and access to economic
opportunity for local residents.
▪ Organize and mobilize small business owners and entrepreneurs via phone banks, media coverage and
other related activities, particularly for Open Street Initiatives.
Outreach and Marketing
▪ Plan, develop, coordinate and implement outreach strategies and materials to local residents and
merchants in Central Brooklyn.
▪ Develop and manage opportunities for public presentations, to enhance public awareness of BSDC’s
programs, services and organizational initiatives.
▪ Conduct outreach and tabling in the community and at community events.
▪ Attend regular Central Brooklyn community meetings, such as Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce’s
▪ Manage regular email communication to the community.
Program and Grants Management
▪ Manage database of programs, provide technical assistance and assist with grant opportunities.
▪ Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual written grant reports.
▪ Ensure activities meet respective deliverables.
▪ Other duties as assigned.
▪ Bachelor’s degree and at least three years of experience related to nonprofit, providing services to small
businesses and entrepreneurs and/or community organizing.
▪ Demonstrated experience in organizing and developing programs, leveraging financial and technical
resources to produce tangible improvement in neighborhoods, and facilitating collaborative efforts
among business community leaders, non-profits and public agencies.
▪ Self-starter. Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team.
▪ Demonstrated leadership capacity and sound judgment
▪ Computer literacy with proficiency in MS office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
▪ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
▪ Experience with social media and website posting.
▪ Ability to work effectively with people of diverse economic and ethnic backgrounds.
▪ Must be willing to work some weekend and/or evening hours (flexible schedules will be made)
Apply To: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Indicate “Economic Development
Outreach Coordinator” in subject of e-mail. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will
be contacted. Bridge Street Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.